Monday, August 20, 2012

Announcing Zucchini Week!

Last week was Shark Week (I've since vowed to never go in the ocean again). Though I highly doubt it will garner the same sort of popularity, I've decided to dub this week Zucchini Week on my little blog. Sure, zucchinis are not as exciting or interesting as a man-eating fish, but I'd say they're more versatile and much more useful -- and definitely less scary.


Anyway....

This is my first year growing zucchinis in my garden. It's kind of an odd thing since I've had my own garden for about seven years. Zucchinis are the foolproof gardening staple, but I've never grown them. I think it's because they take up a bit of room in the garden, especially if you're doing the square foot gardening method. I guess I always figured I'd rather use the garden space for green beans or tomatoes. But this year I had some extra space and decided to give them a try.

As is the vegetable's reputation, my zucchini plant has gone crazy! It grew so fast and the pile of zucchinis on my countertop just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I realize now that I should have been growing zucchinis every season -- they're this sort of gardening self-esteem boost. Even if nothing else worked in my garden, at least I'd have zucchinis!

Ever since I planted them, I've been collecting all sorts of zucchini recipes. There are a ton of them out there! Every day this week I'm going to share a recipe that I've tried out lately. I hope you like them. And I would love it if you shared some of your own zucchini recipes, either by leaving a link to your own zucchini blog posts in the comment section of each post or by emailing them to me {parsimoniousprincess(at)gmail(dot)com}.

Hooray for the vegetable that keeps on giving and giving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time growing zucchini too. Mine are just starting to flower. I appreciate the recipes from what I've heard there is going to be a lot. Thanks! Julie @ twenty7eighty7.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails