Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lovely Links: Birthday Edition

-- First business of the day: opening presents!--

Not much time to post - today is my little boy's third birthday! And since I'm in the birthday mindset, I thought I'd include just a couple of lovely links that are related. Enjoy!

Best Birthday Cake - Smitten Kitchen
(This is the cake I'm in the process of baking right now - it's in the oven as I type this. Update: I'm on the fence about this recipe. It wasn't really sweet, but it tasted really wholesome. Good texture, too. But, it wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be - and that's a big detail. It wasn't bad, I'm just not sure it's my favorite. Just thought I'd tell you.)

A Birthday Alternative: Less Stuff, More Fun - Simple Mom
(Kids don't need all the fanfare we think they do, in my opinion. Often, the simple things are the best things.)

“That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.”
- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails